(JUST SOLD) The perfect Chatham County Farm! Nestled on approximately 42.5 acres, this beautiful 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home has outstanding views of the rolling hills and terrain. Bring your horses or cattle as much of the property has fencing in place! This home is immaculate and shows extremely well and offers the best in country living.
Nice updated appliances in the open kitchen and the first floor master is spacious and offers a large master bath with garden tub, separate shower, and large closet. Working fireplaces add to the charm!
The basement library/office was finished with Allure, vinyl plank flooring, exterior walls insulated with spray foam insulation (under warranty) and propane heat. The basement is set up for easy addition of AC. The extra large laundry room comes complete with cabinets, folding area and storage shelves. The house is set up for external generator with outlet and transfer switch and also has a security system with motion detectors and magnetic switches on all windows. There is a whole home water filtration system and an HVAC maintenance contract with A1 heating out of Bear Creek. There is Fiber internet at both the barn and house!
The septic system was inspected and pumped in 2014 with a new riser installed. The well system was completely inspected in 2015, a new well pump installed (1.5hp) as well as new pressure tank at well head and in basement. 30 gpm well serves both house and barn and is tested yearly for farming!!
Farming: Approx. 2.5 acre vegetable crop growing areas with 6 ¼ ac growing areas that have irrigation connection areas. All growing areas used only organic practices, while not organic certified. There is an 8’ electrified deer fence installed in 2014 around the growing area. A 20’x96’ propane heated high tunnel with electric, installed in 2014 and also a contract grant ($10,000) approved for additional NCRS high tunnel, which could transfer! Infrastructure for additional high tunnel already prepared.
– Added propane heat to the small passive solar greenhouse (green out building) in 2015. Now used as a poultry brooder, but could be turned back into greenhouse easily.
– Added 500 gal diesel storage tank at barn 2015.
– Added lighting and electrical to barn 2015.
– Added concrete pad inside barn 2014.
– Added front gate, keypad etc. 2015.
– Walk in CoolBot style cooler remodeled in 2015, replaced AC unit 2015, only used about 2 mo.
– Barn contains walk in cooler, storage room, washing/packing room, and restroom facilities for employees complete with shower and hot water. Call us for a showing!!
Watch the video below! Click on the center arrow to view.